Organisations responsible for implementation of
• Urban and Regional Innovation Research Unit (URENIO)
• Association of Information Technology Companies of
Northern Greece (SEPVE)
Business intelligence is the systematic monitoring of
markets and technologies with a view to the improvement
of the efficiently in business management, discovering
new markets, assessment of future needs. The
contribution of business intelligence in the field of
innovation is that it can substitute (certain) R&D
departments, through the systematic monitoring of
technology, innovation, and market trends.
Business and sector intelligence is implemented in three
1. At sector level, with the design of information
systems for all the businesses of the sector
2. At competition level, utilizing benchmarking
applications that record and analyse the practices and
methods of selected groups of businesses designated as
3. At business level, by utilizing the internal database
from ERP and CRM applying data mining techniques to
reveal hidden information.
• Dissemination, awareness, and demonstration of
business intelligence applications on ICT businesses,
includingn market analysis, alternative technologies
analysis, cooperation opportunities with vendors.
Demonstration of alternative technologies.
• Application of sector intelligence in the ICT sector.
Development of the market and technology watch systems,
systemizing information sources, analysis methods,
information receivers, methods of approach and
information, feedback from the receivers, evaluation of
the information selection system.
• Business intelligence pilot application in the ICT
sector, with a view to the understanding of the results
and demonstration to third parties.
Tel: +30 2310 365.130